Let's face it: maple bacon makes everything better. Toss some fresh grilled vegetables with briny bocconcini cheese and give it all a maple bacon dressing. Yes, please.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 each Portobello mushroom, yellow squash, green zucchini, red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper
- 12 pieces asparagus
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) vegetable oil , divided
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) Maple Bacon Seasoning , divided
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) chopped chives
- 12 pieces mini Bocconcini cheese
- 1 Cut zucchini and squash into 1/2-inch (1-cm) thick slices, cut peppers into quarters, trim asparagus and Portobello mushroom.
- 2 Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place all vegetables into large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons (22 mL) Seasoning. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 3 In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, chives, remaining oil and Seasoning.
- 4 Grill vegetables on both sides, about 8 minutes, or until tender.
- 5 Cut Bocconcini into quarters and mix with vegetables and dressing. Mix well and let rest 30 minutes before serving.