This grilled chicken main course salad includes an Asian-inspired mixture that acts as both dressing and marinade.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (500 gram) boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) Salt Free Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- 1 package (340 gram) broccoli slaw mix (or about 4 cups/1 L)
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) chopped unsalted roasted peanuts, optional
- 1 Cut chicken lengthwise into ¾-inch (2 cm) wide strips; set aside. In large bowl, whisk vinegar, hoisin sauce, seasoning, olive oil and chili sauce to combine. Transfer 3 tbsp (45 mL) of mixture to medium bowl; add chicken, tossing to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes (or cover and refrigerate for up to 30 minutes).
- 2 Meanwhile, in large bowl with reserved remaining dressing, add broccoli slaw, tossing to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes (or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day).
- 3 Preheat grill over medium heat. Thread chicken accordion-style onto 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread tomatoes onto 2 more skewers.
- 4 Grill chicken skewers uncovered on greased grill; grill, turning once, until no longer pink in middle, 10 to 12 minutes. Add tomato skewers to grill for last 2 minutes of cook time; grill, turning once, just until lightly charred.
- 5 Serve chicken skewers and some of the tomatoes on slaw mix.
- 6 Test Kitchen Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water at least 30 minutes before using.