Treat yourself to the bright, fresh flavours of this filling salad. Greens, strawberries, asparagus, Montreal marinated-chicken… it has it all, topped off with sweet and tangy homemade vinaigrette.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) pear nectar
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 4 medium chicken breasts, about 4 oz (125 g ) each
- 12 asparagus spears
- 8 cups (2 liter) mixed salad greens
- 16 strawberries, halved
- 2 pears, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) chopped red onion
- 12 pecan halves, toasted
- 1 Vinaigrette: Whisk pear nectar, vinegar, olive oil and mustard together to blend. Reserve half of marinade for dressing. Add Club House La Grille Montreal Chicken Seasoning to other half for marinade.
- 2 Salad: Put chicken and marinade in plastic bag. Let stand 30 to 60 minutes. Remove from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on greased grill over medium heat and grill 12 to 15 minutes and turning halfway through until no longer pink or an internal temperature of 170°F is reached. Cook asparagus in boiling water until tender-crisp about 3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- 3 Assembly: Divide greens on serving plates. Slice chicken and arrange over greens. Top with asparagus, strawberries, pear slices and onion. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Sprinkle pecans on top.
- 4 Tips:
- 5 · Replace pecans with walnuts or sliced almonds or omit if desired.
- 6 · Brush pear slices with lemon juice to prevent browning.