Bring this classic steakhouse combo home – steak, mushrooms and onions – with the iconic flavour of Montreal Steak Spice Wet Rub.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1/4 cup (62.5 milliliter) Montreal Steak Spice Wet Rub
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) grated lemon zest
- 4 beef steak, about 4 oz (125g) each
- 1 large red onion, cut in four 1/2 inch (1 cm) slices
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, cut in 1/2 inch (1 cm) slices
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) olive oil
- 1 Combine rub and lemon zest. Spread over both sides of meat. Let stand 5 minutes. Cover and grill beef over medium heat, turning once for 10 to 15 minutes or to desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 2 While steaks are grilling, brush onions and mushrooms lightly with olive oil and grill along with the steaks brushing them with oil and turning as needed until tender.
- 3 To serve, put steak on plate and top with mushrooms and an onion slice.
- 4 Tips:
- 5 · Use your favourite steaks. Strip loin and T-bone taste great.
- 6 · Secure onion slice with a skewer to keep rings in place.