Break out the slow cooker for this easy, weeknight-friendly meal. La Grille® Chicken & Rib BBQ Sauce brings a tangy, sweet flavour to zucchini, carrots and baby potatoes served up alongside tender, juicy, ground chicken meatloaf.
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) canola oil
- 1 1/4 cup (310 milliliter) grated zucchini
- 1 1/4 cup (310 milliliters) diced onion
- 2 pounds (1 kilogram) ground chicken
- 2 1/2 cups (625 milliliters) panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) plus 2 tablespoons (30ml) Chicken and Rib BBQ Sauce (la grille/) , divided
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) French’s Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliters) French's® Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 pound (250 grams) carrots , sliced at a diagonal into 2-inch (5-cm) pieces
- 1/2 pound (250 grams) baby potatoes , halved
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and zucchini; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until softened. Transfer to large mixing bowl. Cool slightly.
- 2 Add ground chicken, panko, eggs, 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the BBQ Sauce, Dijon, salt and Worcestershire sauce to bowl. Mix until well blended.
- 3 Shape mixture into a loaf and place in crock of 6-quart (6-L) slow cooker. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of BBQ Sauce over meatloaf. Arrange potatoes and carrots around meatloaf in slow cooker. Cover.
- 4 Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or on LOW 6 hours, until meatloaf is cooked through (165°F/74°C) and vegetables are tender.