For a steakhouse-worthy meal, look no further than this tender, juicy ribeye featuring the robust flavours of La Grille® Montreal Steak Spice Marinade. Slice and pair with a side of homemade smashed potatoes for a dinner that can’t be beat.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 grams) boneless ribeye steak
- 5 tablespoons (75 milliliters) Montreal Steak Spice 30-minute Marinade , divided
- 1/4 cup (75 grams) plus 3 tablespoons (50g) unsalted butter , softened, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon (3 milliliters) salt , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) finely chopped gresh garlic
- 4 cups (1 liter) baby potatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) milk
- 1 Place steak and 3 tablespoons (45ml) of the marinade in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or longer for more flavour.
- 2 Mix 1/4 cup (75g) of the butter, 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) of the salt, pepper, dill and garlic in small bowl until well blended. Spoon butter onto large sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Use wrapper to shape butter into log about 1 1/2-inches (3.75-cm) in diameter. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- 3 Place enough water to cover potatoes in large saucepan. Bring to boil. Add potatoes; cook 30 minutes or until fork tender. Drain well. Add remaining 3 tablespoons (50g) butter, 1/4 teaspoon (1ml) salt and milk. Stir and gently smash potatoes while mixing, leaving them slightly chunky.
- 4 Meanwhile, remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Grill over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes per side, brushing with reserved marinade halfway through grilling. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 5 To serve, slice steak and shingle onto serving plates. Slice butter into rounds and place 1 to 2 rounds on top of each serving of steak. Serve smashed potatoes on the side, with additional butter if desired.