Brining or soaking chicken in a maple syrup brine enhances the moistness and flavour and improves the browning.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- Maple Brine
- 4 cups (1 liter) cold water
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) apple cider
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) salt
- 2 pounds (1 kilogram) boneless skinless chicken breast
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1 For the Brine, pour cold water, apple cider and syrup into large plastic or glass container, or 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Stir in salt until dissolved. Place chicken in brine to cover. If necessary, place a plate on top of chicken breasts to keep them submerged. Cover container or seal bag.
- 2 Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Remove chicken from brine. Discard remaining brine. Rinse chicken under cool running water. Pat dry. Brush chicken lightly with oil. Rub with Seasoning.
- 3 Grill over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.