Stuffed with juicy mushrooms, onions and peppers infused with the flavours of smoky maple, these pork tenderloin pinwheels are both visually impressive and absolutely delicious.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) butter
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) each sliced crimini, enoki, king and shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) each sliced onions and red peppers
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) Smokehouse Maple Flavoured Wet Rub , divided
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) diced day-old bread
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) sliced green onions
- 1 pound (500 gram) pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliter) vegetable oil, for grilling
- Butcher’s twine
- 1 In a medium sauté pan on medium-high heat, add butter, mushrooms, onions and peppers; cook 3 minutes. Add 3 tbsp (45 mL) rub marinade and sauté 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add bread and green onions. Mix well and let cool completely.
- 2 Butterfly the pork tenderloin and use a mallet to pound the meat to 1-in (2.5 cm) thickness. Brush the inside of the meat with 1 tsp (5 mL) of rub marinade. Place stuffing in the centre of the tenderloin and distribute evenly over entire surface.
- 3 Roll up tenderloin into a pinwheel shape, making sure to fold in ends. Tie with butcher’s twine.
- 4 Brush meat with oil and place on a medium heat grill; cook on all sides until internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C). In the last 5 minutes of cooking, baste meat with remaining rub marinade.