The taste of a grilled to perfection burger meets the classic comfort of chili, with this smoky and spicy dish.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 (500 gram) lean ground beef
- 5 tablespoon (75 milliliter) Smoky Cedar & Ale Flavoured Wet Rub , divided
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) diced onions
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) canned no salt added diced tomato with juice
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) Organic Chili Powder
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) each Beef Cooking Stock and water
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 In a medium bowl, combine beef and 3 tbsp (45 mL) rub marinade. Mix well and form into 4 equal patties. On a medium-high grill, cook patties until internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C), about 10 minutes.
- 2 Roughly chop cooked patties into small pieces.
- 3 In a medium saucepan on high heat, add vegetable oil and sauté onions and garlic until lightly coloured. Add diced tomatoes, remaining marinade, chili powder, beef stock, water and the chopped cooked patties; cook 15 minutes. Add the kidney beans and cook for another 15 minutes before serving.