Spatchcock or butterfly a whole chicken so that it cooks faster and more evenly on the grill (or in the oven). Rubbing the chicken with Club House® La Grille® Garlic & Crushed Herbs Grilling Seasoning before refrigerating overnight has a brining effect that resul... Spatchcock or butterfly a whole chicken so that it cooks faster and more evenly on the grill (or in the oven). Rubbing the chicken with Club House® La Grille® Garlic & Crushed Herbs Grilling Seasoning before refrigerating overnight has a brining effect that results in a juicier, more flavourful bird. Read More Read Less
1h 20 min
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 whole chicken , (about 4 pounds/ 2 kilograms)
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) French's® Stone Ground Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons (60 milliliter) Garlic and Crushed Herbs Seasoning , divided
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 grams) baby Yukon gold potatoes or baby red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) oil
- 1 lemon , halved
- 1 Using kitchen shears, cut along both sides of backbone to remove. Turn chicken breast-side up; press down firmly on breastbone to flatten. Brush chicken evenly with mustard. Rub with 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) of the Seasoning. Transfer to large aluminum pan or glass dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
Prepare grill for indirect medium heat (350°F to 375°F/ 180°C to 190°C). Preheat grill by turning all burners to medium. Turn off burner(s) on one side of grill. Place chicken, skin-side up, on unlit side of grill. Close lid. Grill 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until almost cooked through (internal temperature reaches 160°F/ 71°C in the thigh), rotating chicken halfway through cooking.
Note: To maintain medium heat (350°F to 375°F/ 180°C to 190°C), keep lid closed and adjust lit burner as necessary. Directions were developed using a gas grill. Grills vary; cooking time is approximate.
- 3 Move chicken to lit side of grill, placing skin-side down. Grill over low heat 10 minutes or until skin is crispy and browned and chicken is cooked through (or until deepest part of thigh registers 165°F/ 74°C). Remove from grill. Let rest about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Toss potatoes with oil and remaining 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) of the Seasoning until well coated. Grill over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until browned and crispy, turning frequently. Slice chicken and squeeze lemon juice over top. Serve with potatoes.
To Roast in the Oven: Prepare chicken according to instructions above, except place chicken on rack on a large baking sheet lined with foil. Omit microwaving potatoes and season potatoes according to instructions and place around the chicken on the rack. Bake in a preheated 400°F (200°C) oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken is 165°F (74°C) and potatoes are tender. Let chicken rest for 15 minutes before carving. Squeeze lemon over chicken before serving.