Sizzling steak and creamy avocado are wrapped up together for a dynamic flavour combo. Swap out the peppers for other veggies such as zucchini if you wish!
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (500 gram) boneless beef steaks, 1-1/2 inches (3 cm) thick , such as striploin, sirloin or rib eye
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) Montreal Steak Spice Wet Rub
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 green or red pepper, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8-10 inches/20 to 25 cm)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Topping Ideas: salsa, shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce , To Taste
- 1 Spread rub over both sides of meat. Let stand 5 minutes. Cover and grill steaks over medium heat, turning once for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired doneness. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile toss onions and peppers in olive oil to coat. Place in a grill basket and grill 6 to 8 minutes, tossing occasionally until tender-crisp.
- 3 Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and warm on grill over low heat or in a 325° (160° C) oven for about 15 minutes.
- 4 To serve, cut meat across the grain into very thin slices. For each fajita, layer beef, vegetables and avocado slices on tortilla. Add your favourite toppings. Roll or fold tortilla around fillings.
Test Kitchen Tips:
o Try other vegetables like zucchini sticks or mushroom halves in place of the peppers.