Pasta bakes make weeknights better, especially when they’re loaded with chicken strips, tender pasta, broccoli and a creamy, cheesy sauce starring La Grille® Original BBQ Sauce.
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliters) chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) whipping cream (35%)
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliters) grated Parmesan cheese , divided
- 1/2 cups (125 milliliters) Original BBQ Sauce (la grille/)
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliters) salt
- 3 cups (750 milliliters) dry penne pasta
- 1 pound (500 grams) boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliters) red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) chunks
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliters) plain bread crumbs
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 4 minutes or until softened. Sir in garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add cream, stock, 1 cup (250 ml) of the grated Parmesan, BBQ Sauce, lemon juice and salt.
- 2 Spread penne pasta in bottom of 12x8-inch (30x20-cm) baking dish. Layer chicken over pasta. Top evenly with peppers and broccoli. Pour sauce mixture evenly over top. Stir to mix.
- 3 Bake 35 minutes. Remove from oven and top with Cheddar and remaining Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Return to oven. Bake 20 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.