Can’t go wrong with a burger, especially when it’s loaded up with smoky gouda cheese, grilled portobellos and the craveable taste of La Grille® Original BBQ Sauce.
- 1 pound (500 g) lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsps (45 ml) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) plus 2 tablespoons (30ml) Original BBQ Sauce
- 2 portobello ushrooms stems removed, cleaned
- 4 slices smoked gouda
- 4 hamburger buns toasted
- Sliced tomato
- 1 Mix ground beef, eggs, panko, parsley, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons (30ml) of the BBQ sauce in medium bowl until well blended. Shape into 4 patties. Place burger patties in freezer for 30 minutes (This will make burgers juicier after grilling).
- 2 Grill burgers over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes per side, brushing with remaining 1/4 cup BBQ sauce halfway through grilling. Add cheese slices to burgers and continue to cook 1 minute longer. Meanwhile, grill portobellos about 4 minutes per side or until tender.
- 3 Let burgers rest about 3 minutes. Once portobellos are cool enough to handle, cut into thin slices.
- 4 Serve burgers on toasted rolls, topped with sliced portobellos, lettuce, tomato and additional BBQ sauce if desired.