A hearty soup with rich, deep beef flavour. It's a great way to use up leftover hamburger patties or meatloaf.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1/2 pound (250 gram) lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) each diced potato, carrot, onion and celery
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Garlic, Prepared Minced
- 4 cups (1 liter) Original Beef Cooking Stock
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) Smokehouse Maple Flavoured Wet Rub
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) water
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) cornstarch
- 1 Form ground beef into 2 hamburger patties and grill on medium heat until an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) is reached. Let burgers cool and dice into ½-in (1 cm) pieces.
- 2 Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and vegetables and sauté for 2 minutes. Add beef stock, diced hamburger and BBQ sauce; bring to a boil.
- 3 Mix cornstarch in water and whisk mixture into boiling soup; simmer for 30 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tip:
o This soup is a great way to use up leftover hamburger patties or meatloaf.