Flavoured with Salt-Free Salmon Seasoning, these smoked salmon crostini appetizers are always a party hit.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) Salt Free Salmon Seasoning
- 1 lemon, sliced ½-in (1 cm) thick
- 1/2 baguette
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 red onion, sliced ½-in (1 cm) thick
- 6 ounce (175 gram) smoked salmon, sliced
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) capers, drained
- 1 Mix cream cheese with 1 ½ tbsp (22 mL) seasoning in a food processor and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 2 Preheat grill to medium-high heat and grill lemon slices until grill marked.
- 3 Slice baguette into ¼-in (0.5 cm) thick slices and brush with 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil; grill until crisp.
- 4 Brush onion slices with remaining oil and remaining seasoning; grill for approximately 3 minutes on each side. Dice and set aside.
- 5 Spread 1 tsp (5 mL) cream cheese mixture onto each slice of baguette. Top with a slice of smoked salmon, capers and onion. Garnish with grilled lemon slices.
- 6 Chef’s Tip: The cream cheese spread can be used on a wrap or bagel for lunch.