Homemade beef jerky is 100% doable and delicious if you’ve got an air fryer. Season and marinate steak with the bold flavour of Club House® La Grille® Montreal Steak Spice Seasoning, and air fry until tender, chewy, and ready for snacking.
2h 30 min
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- boneless sirloin steak
- 4 1/2 teaspoons (22 milliliters) Montreal Steak Spice Seasoning
- 4 1/2 teaspoons (22 milliliters) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliters) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Paprika Smoked
Slice steak against the grain into 1/4-inch (7-mm) thick strips. Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl until well blended. Add steak and toss to coat well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Test Kitchen Tip:Partially freezing the steak will help make it easier to cut into strips. Place steak in freezer about 30 to 45 minutes before slicing.
- 2 Remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Working in batches as needed, place steak in single layer in basket. Set temperature to 180°F (82°C).
Air fry 2 1/2 hours or until beef is dehydrated and tender-chewy. Store jerky in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•Air Fryers vary; adjust cooking times as needed.
•For extra smoky flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) liquid smoke to the marinade.
•To prepare jerky in the oven, slice and marinate steak as directed above. Place wire rack on large shallow baking sheet. Arrange steak strips in single layer on wire rack. Dehydrate in preheated 175°F (80°F) oven 3 hours or until steak is dehydrated and tender-chewy.
Go To Meal Planner