These crispy spring rolls are loaded with sweet, tender maple chicken for the perfect cross between Asian and Canadian flavours.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1/2 (250 gram) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) Smokehouse Maple Flavoured Wet Rub , divided
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) each julienne carrots, red peppers, red onions, cabbage and cooked shiitakes
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) slivered green onions
- 16 large spring roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 In a medium bowl marinate chicken with 2 tbsp (30 mL) rub marinade for 2 hours.
- 2 On a medium heat grill, cook chicken to internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Cool and reserve.
- 3 Cut chicken into thin strips and place in medium bowl with all vegetables; mix well.
- 4 For each roll, use two spring roll wrappers stacked with a corner facing you. Place ¼ cup (50 mL) of the mixture in the centre horizontally and fold the left and right corners into the centre. Roll it up starting from the corner closest to you; seal edge with water. Repeat with remaining spring roll wrappers.
- 5 Preheat deep fryer to 350°F (180°C), and fry spring roll for 4-6 minutes or until golden.
- 6 Drain on paper towel. Cut in half and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Go To Meal Planner