Sweet and salty Asian-inspired shrimp on a lemongrass skewer. A lemongrass skewer? Yes, you heard that right. Shrimp are generously seasoned and formed into croquettes that are threaded onto a lemongrass stalk. Talk about upping the cool factor at the dinner table.
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (454 gram) peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) Salt Free Salmon Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) sriracha hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- 20 pieces lemongrass (to be used as skewers)
- 1 Place shrimp into food processor and pulse until shrimp are roughly chopped
- 2 Add all other ingredients, except the egg and lemongrass, and pulse another dozen times. Scrape mixture into a bowl.
- 3 In another bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff peaks form. Slowly fold the whipped egg white into shrimp mixture, making sure not to overwork it.
- 4 Place lemongrass skewers on parchment paper. Portion out approximately 1 ½ tbsp (22 mL) of the shrimp mixture around each piece of lemongrass in a sausage-like shape, about 2 ½-in (6 cm) long.
- 5 Grill on medium heat until cooked, approximately 1 minute on all sides.
Go To Meal Planner