Keep your crew happy with this cookout-ready starter or side. Grill pre-cooked potatoes until crispy on the outside and smash in a cast iron skillet. Load ‘em with a smoky bacon and bell pepper mix seasoned with La Grille® Montreal Steak Seasoning and Cheddar cheese. Char until melted and top with green onions and sour cream. Dig in!
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 grams) medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoon (25 milliliters) Montreal Steak Spice Seasoning
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) sour cream
- 1 Place potatoes on microwavable plate. Pierce potatoes with fork several times. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 6 minutes or until fork-tender but still firm. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Toss potatoes, oil and 3 teaspoons (15ml) of the Seasoning in large bowl until well coated.
- 2 Grill potatoes over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until skin is crispy, turning frequently. Meanwhile, cook and stir bacon in large cast iron skillet on the grill 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Add yellow onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- 3 Push bacon mixture to one side of the skillet. Add potatoes to skillet on the other side. Smash each potato with heavy spatula, bottom of small sturdy bowl, or meat pounder. Sprinkle potatoes with remaining 2 teaspoons (10ml) Seasoning. Spoon bacon mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover pan or close grill. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. To serve, sprinkle with green onions and dollops of sour cream.