These rolls are fresh in ingredients and flavour! A great option for a party appetizer on hot summer days.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 duck breast (150-180 g)
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) Club House La Grille Asian Inspired BBQ Seasoning
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoon (20 milliliter) each Mirin and rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoon (60 milliliter) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) each julienne carrot, mix peppers, green onions and Napa cabbage
- 8 pieces Vietnamese spring rolls rice paper
- 1 Marinade duck breast with 1 tbsp (15 mL) seasoning and vegetable oil for 2 hours.
- 2 In a bowl, combine Mirin, rice vinegar, mayonnaise and remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) seasoning to make a dipping sauce. Set aside.
- 3 Grill duck bread to medium (140°F/60°C) and rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- 4 Combine all julienne vegetables in a bowl and add ¼ cup (50 ml) of the dipping sauce; mix until well blended. Cover and reserve.
- 5 Immerse one rice paper at the time in warm water and let stand until very pliable, about 45 seconds.
- 6 Place sheet on a clean dry work surface and arrange about ¼ cup (50 mL) of julienne vegetables with Asian dressing in a horizontal line across bottom, leaving a 1-in (2.5 cm) border on bottom edge and on each side. Top with 2 slices of duck breast.
- 7 Roll up filling tightly in sheet, folding in 2 sides of sheet to completely enclose filling, and continue rolling.
- 8 Just before serving, with a serrated knife, cut rolls in half diagonally. Serve with remaining dipping sauce.