This classic Thai chicken soup, also called Tom Kha Gai, is easy to prepare at home. Coconut milk and fresh lime juice give the soup it's signature creamy, tangy flavor.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) Chicken Stock
- 1 can (400 milliliters) Coconut Milk
- 2 cans (398 ml each) straw mushrooms, drained
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 pieces (4-inch/10 cm) lemongrass, bruised
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 grams) boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Bring stock, coconut milk, mushrooms, shallots, lemongrass, ginger and red pepper to boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes.
- 2 Stir in chicken; simmer 5 minutes longer or until cooked through. Stir in lime juice and fish sauce. Remove lemongrass pieces.
- 3 Ladle into soup bowls. Serve with cilantro.