The naturally sweet combination of sugar snap peas, coconut milk and shrimp is highlighted by mild curry flavour in this colourful, easy-to-prepare curry. Serve over rice, if desired.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) butter
- 1 1/2 pound (750 grams) large shrimp, thawed , peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound (250 grams) sugar snap peas , trimmed
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Organic Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
Lite Coconut Milk
- Organic Lite Coconut Milk (thai kitch)
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) fresh lime juice
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1 In large skillet or wok, melt butter over medium-high heat; add shrimp, sugar snap peas, curry powder, garlic powder and salt. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until shrimp begins to turn pink.
- 2 In bowl, whisk coconut milk, wine, cornstarch and lime juice until smooth; add to shrimp mixture. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through and peas are tender-crisp. Sprinkle with green onions.
Test Kitchen Tip:
• Make this dairy-free by replacing butter with vegetable oil or peanut oil.
• Sprinkle with chopped Thai basil, if desired.