Add some pan-Asian sizzle to your backyard barbecue. This recipe borrows the naan flatbread from Indian cuisine and the red chili sauce from Thai cuisine and puts them together on the grill for a modern-day pizza.
- 1 cup (250 mililiters) Sweet Red Chili Sauce , divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mililiters) creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 mililiters) soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45 mililiters) vegetable oil , divided
- 2 baby bok choy , cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 sweet red pepper , quartered
- 1 medium zucchini , cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled , pitted and cut into large pieces
- 2 packages (250 g each) naan (or 4 pieces)
- 1 In small bowl, mix ½ cup (125 mL) chili sauce, peanut butter and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In another small bowl, mix remaining ½ cup (125 mL) chili sauce and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil.
- 2 On greased grill or grill basket over medium heat, grill bok choy, red pepper, zucchini and mango, turning occasionally and brushing with chili sauce and oil mixture, about 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to cutting board and chop into bite-size pieces.
- 3 Meanwhile, lightly brush naan with remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil; grill over medium-low heat, turning once, until lightly toasted and grill marks appear on both sides. Remove to plates or board. Spread peanut butter mixture evenly on each naan. Top with chopped vegetables and fruit. Slice flatbread into pieces to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip:
• Top pizza with chopped peanuts and chopped fresh mint, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.