This unique but delicious blend of flavours is courtesy of Chef Barbara Hom
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) dried mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) Red Curry Paste
- 2 pounds (1000 grams) pork spareribs, cut across the bone "Chinese style" (ask the butcher to do this)
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Fish Sauce
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, minced
- 3 to 5 fresh red serrano chiles, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) sugar
- 12 mint leaves, chopped
- 1 Soak the mushrooms in hot water 15 minutes or until softened. Drain well. Remove stems and cut mushroom caps into thin srips. Soak the cabbage in cold water 5 minutes. Drain well.
- 2 Heat oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add red curry paste; stir fry 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add pork, fish sauce and lemongrass; stir fry 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cabbage; stir fry 3 minutes. Add chile strips and sugar; stir fry 1 minute. Garnish with mint leaves.
Go To Meal Planner