INGREDIENTS 2 SERVINGS
- 150 gram chicken, or another protein of your choice, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliter) vegetable oil (for chicken marinade)
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 2-4 tablespoon (30-60 milliliter) Green Curry Paste
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) Coconut Milk
- 1-2 teaspoon (5-10 milliliter) Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) sugar
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) crunchy veggies of your choice, small diced (I like to use carrots, red bell peppers, and Chinese broccoli)
- 2 lime leaves, julienned
- 300 gram cooked white rice, preferably chilled
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) Thai basil
- 1 Marinate the chicken with 1 tsp (5 mL) of soy sauce and 2 tsp (10 mL) of vegetable oil. Set aside while you prep other ingredients.
- 2 Heat oil and curry paste together in a wok or a large sauté pan over medium heat, stirring constantly until the curry paste is aromatic, about 1 minute.
- 3 Add coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar, stir to mix, then let the sauce simmer to reduce it until the sauce no longer looks runny.
- 4 Add the chicken and toss to coat in the sauce. Once the chicken is about half way done, add the vegetables and lime leaves and toss to mix. Keep stirring until the chicken is almost done.
- 5 Turn the heat up to medium high, add the rice and toss, pressing down on the rice with the spatula to break any lumps. When the rice is evenly coated and heated through, and the chicken is done, turn off the heat and stir in Thai basil. Serve immediately.