Known as Gai Gra Pow, it is a signature Thai dish and typically served over steamed Jasmine rice with a fried egg on the side
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliter) minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) thinly sliced Thai chile
- 1 pound (500 gram) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) water
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliter) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliter) chopped fresh Thai basil
- 1 In large skillet or wok, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add garlic and chili; stir fry 30 seconds. Add chicken, water, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar; stir fry 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- 2 Stir in basil. Garnish with additional chili slices and fresh or deep-fried basil leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.