Endive "boats" are a great way to serve this simple stir-fry and a sure way to impress your guests!
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) pine nuts
- 1 pound (500 grams) ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Fish Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliters) minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) sesame oil
- 24 to 30 Belgian endive leaves
- 1 In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil. Add pine nuts; cook and stir until golden brown. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- 2 In same skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil. Add chicken; stir fry until browned. Remove any excess liquid from skillet. Add garlic, ginger and fish sauce; stir fry 2 minutes or internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Remove from heat. Stir in hoisin sauce, cilantro and sesame oil. Cool slightly. Stir in pine nuts.
- 3 Divide chicken mixture among endive leaves.