INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- For The Salad
- 175 gram wing beans or green beans
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) dried shredded coconut
- 1 small chicken breast, cooked and shredded (Traditionally the chicken is poached, but you can bake it or use leftover chicken. Shred the chicken into strings similar to pulled pork)
- 6-8 shrimp, cooked
- 1/2 head shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) mint leaves
- 3 eggs, medium-boiled
- For The Dressing
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2-3 Thai chilies, to taste
- 1 heaping tbsp (15 mL) roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22 milliliter) Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) Roasted Red Chili Paste
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) white sugar
- 1 Blanch the beans in a large pot of salted boiling water. Refresh in ice bath to stop cooking then drain well. Slice wing beans into ¼-inch (6 mm) slices crosswise. If using green beans, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces on a bias.
- 2 Toast the coconut by adding to a dry sauté pan set it over medium high heat. Stir constantly until it is dark brown and aromatic.
- 3 Prepare the dressing in a mortar and pestle. Grind garlic and chilies into a paste. Add peanuts and grind into a coarse meal and transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl. Add lime juice, fish sauce, Thai chili paste, coconut milk and sugar; stir to dissolve the chili paste.
- 4 Assemble the salad by adding the wing beans, chicken, shrimp, shallots, toasted coconut, and mint to the dressing; toss to mix and plate. Top with medium boiled eggs.
Go To Meal Planner